If you’re one who frequently has your smartphone shared with your friends or colleagues and are concerned about privacy, it can be a challenge. There are plenty of photo-scrubbing apps available, Snapchat introduced a “My Eyes Only” feature inside the app, in an effort to make it easier for users to conceal sensitive photos and videos. In this post, you’ll discover how to configure and utilize Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only” feature to conceal the contents of your Snaps (photos or videos).
Table of Contents
Get ‘My Eyes Only’ on Snapchat Account (2023)
What is ‘My Eyes Only’ on Snapchat?
Snapchat created it’s “My Eyes Only” feature to enable users to securely protect sensitive images and videos on the application. Snaps you save within this section are secured and only accessible with the passcode of four digits you have set. Remember that you’ll require the passcode of four digits to access the section and there’s no way to retrieve the Snapchats that you’ve hidden in case you do not remember the passcode.
How to Set up ‘My Eyes Only’ on Snapchat
1. Start Snapchat, then click on the “Memories” button present just to the left of the shutter button on the camera. Additionally, you can swipe upwards in the camera’s viewfinder to open to the “Memories” section. If the Memories page opens, switch to the “My Eyes Only” section.
2. If you’re trying “My Eyes Only” for the first time, tap the blue “Set Up” buttonto enable the feature. The procedure involves creating a four-digit passcode. You may also opt to set a passphrase, too.
3. Verify the passcode you entered by pressing the ” I understand that if I forget this passcode, Snapchat won’t be able to recover my passcode or my Snaps in My Eyes Only” radio button, then tap “Continue”.
4. You’ve enabled the My Eyes Only section of Snapchat. Go into the following section to find out ways to change your picture and video snaps there in order to keep them hidden.
Move Snaps to ‘My Eyes Only’ on Snapchat
Once you’ve enabled”My Eyes Only” in your “My Eyes Only” section it is easy to transfer sensitive videos or images to it. Here’s how:
1. Long-press the Snap in the “Snaps” section and tap the “Hide” button from the options row which appears in the lower part of. If you see a confirmation message saying “Move to My Eyes Only” Tap on “Move”.
2. It’s important to note that you may also move images taken from the camera roll into Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only” to keep them from the eyes of others. Make sure to remove the original photo from the pop-up to ensure that it won’t show up in other apps, such as Google Photos.
3. You are able to decide to delete photos from Snapchat’s photo vault. Long-press the photo and select “Unhide” from the list of options at the lower right of your screen.
How to Change ‘My Eyes Only’ Passcode
1. To modify the passcode in order to gain access to “My Eyes Only”, select “Options”at the bottom-right corner of the screen which prompts you to input the code. In your “Options” pop-up prompt, select “Change Passcode” to create an entirely brand new “My Eyes Only” passcode.
2. Enter the present passcode, and then create an alternative one. Make sure you confirm the new passcode and you’re done. We suggest keeping the passcode in a password manager application so that you won’t forget it. If you have forgotten your Snapchat code, we’ve added instructions for resetting it in the following section.
Forgot Snapchat ‘My Eyes Only’ Passcode? How to Recover It
Before we start we must inform you the reset of your Snapchat “My Eyes Only” passcode will delete all Snapchats that you’ve hidden up to now. If you want to reset your passcode, you can follow these steps:
1. Tap the camera’s viewfinder, then switch into the “My Eyes Only” tab under Memories. Next, press to the “Options” button, choose “Forgot Passcode”, and enter your Snapchat password at your next screen.
2. Choose”I understand” and click the ” I understand that creating a new passcode will delete all Snaps in My Eyes Only” radio button, then click the “Continue” button on the next screen. You will then be able to create a new passcode to Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only” section within Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q What happens if Snapchat view your photos and videos My Eyes Only?
The answer is no, Snapchat can’t access the videos and images that are hidden in Your “My Eyes Only” section. Snaps you upload into “My Eyes Only” are protected by encryption, and you’ll need a passcode in order to access the images.
Q What is the fate of snaps that are in my Eyes Only?
Snaps within “My Eyes Only” are separated from other gallery apps. This feature is designed as an option to conceal your photos and videos in Snapchat. Snapchat application.
Q: If you remove something from My Eyes Only in Snapchat, where is it?
When you de-hide any image or video on Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only”, it is redirected in Snaps. Snaps part of Memories. The image can be accessed via the Snaps section.
Question: What is the best way do I retrieve My Eyes Only pictures on Snapchat?
Retrieving My Eyes Only pictures is not feasible on Snapchat in the event that you have forgotten the password. These pictures are protected which require the use of a password for gain access.
Q: Are you able to override my Eyes Only on Snapchat?
However, it isn’t possible to get around Snapchat’s “My Eyes Only” to access your private files if you have forgotten the password. You’ll need reset your password, and this involves erasing any Snaps you’ve hidden previously.
Cover up photos and videos with My Eyes Only on Snapchat
The Snapchat feature “My Eyes Only” is an awesome feature that allows you to hide sensitive videos and photos for devices like your iPhone and Android device. If you have any questions about the Snapchat feature please let us know in the comments and we’ll be happy to assist you. If you’re looking for an advanced method of hiding images and videos from Snapchat be sure to look over our top list of photo vault applications for iPhone as well as Android.