You may find it necessary to avoid making certain important calls depending on the situation you’re in. You may prefer to leave a voicemail instead. However, if you simply call the person’s phone number, they might pick up and not allow you to leave a message.
Is it possible to call someone’s voicemail directly?
You can bypass those annoying phone conversations by leaving a voicemail and continuing your day as usual.
Take a look at how to call directly to someone’s voicemail.
Can I Call Someone and Go Straight to Voicemail?
Subscribers to some wireless carriers can send voicemail directly without ringing the other party. Generally, it’s only available when both parties are on the same carrier, but when it’s available, it’s super easy.
You can send a voicemail directly to another AT&T subscriber by following these steps:
- Hold the ‘1’ key and press 2 to access your voicemail box
- Send your message to the 10-digit phone number you entered.
- Press the # sign after recording your message. Press 1 to replay your message before sending it.
- Press 1 to select a special delivery option. The following special delivery options are available:
- For urgent situations, dial 2.
- For private, dial 3.
- Send your message by pressing the # sign.
You can send a voicemail directly to another Verizon customer by following these steps:
- You can access your voicemail by calling your voicemail number.
- Send a message by pressing 2.
- As directed, follow the instructions. Either record the message and then enter the phone number or the other way around.
- Select your delivery options: 1 for private, 2 for urgent, 3 for confirmation, or 4 for future delivery.
- Send the message by pressing #.
Directly sending a voicemail to another T-Mobile subscriber:
- You can reach us at 1-805-637-7243.
- You can access your voicemail account by logging in.
- Send a message by selecting the option and following the prompts.
Send a voicemail directly to another Sprint subscriber by following these steps:
- Sign in to your voicemail by calling your own number.
- Send a message by selecting the option and following the prompts.
Other Ways to Go Directly to Voicemail
You can use an app if you’re not on the same network as the person you want to call.
Slydial and WhatCall are two popular apps that perform this service. Slydial used to be the market leader, but has since been plagued with poor reviews due to its occasionally working service. After working for a while, WhatCall has been having major issues and works only sporadically as of February 2021.
Both iOS and Android versions of Slydial are available. There are free accounts available, but you must listen to an advertisement before you can call.
The paid account offers ad-free access, the ability to “Slydial” multiple people simultaneously, and other premium features. It is perfectly adequate for most people to use the free version.
The service works as follows:
- Install Slydial on your phone.
- Log in to the app and create an account.
- Connect to the service by dialing 267-SLYDIAL from your cell phone app.
- Enter the cell number you are trying to reach when prompted.
- Feel free to leave a message.
You can only use Slydial if you are calling a mobile phone. You will not be able to use the app even if the landline you are trying to call has digital voicemail. If this is not done, the process goes straight to voicemail instead of bypassing the live line.
Android (sideload only) and iOS versions of WhatCall are also available. In a similar way, the app directs a phone call to another person’s voicemail without ringing their phone.
Reviewers share the same concern as Slydial – it only works sometimes as of February 2021. The WhatCall app imports all of your contacts, so you can simply tap a contact to call them. You will then be connected directly to their voicemail. Currently, WhatCall is only available for iOS devices and costs $0.99.
You don’t need to mess around with apps. Today, almost every big carrier has a powerful voicemail system – and that system almost always includes an option to record a voice message and send it directly without ringing the target phone. You can do this on Straight Talk (since that’s my carrier), but most carriers will have similar procedures.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- The voicemail access number for Straight Talk is *86.
- To access your voicemail, enter the PIN code.
- You can send a message by pressing 2.
- Please enter the destination number and the #.
- Make sure the message is recorded.
- To send the message, press #.
How To Send a Call Directly To Voicemail
How would you feel if you were on the other side?
When your phone rings, you see who’s calling and wish you could send them straight to your customized voicemail message.
It is easy to accomplish this by setting your phone to airplane mode or turning on Do Not Disturb. Moreover, you can send any incoming calls straight to voicemail by rejecting them.
Different phones require different methods to automatically direct a specific caller to your voicemail without your phone ringing.
There are only a few Android builds that support this.
- Add the number you want to avoid as a contact to your call list.
- Once you have added the contact, navigate to Contacts and select it.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon inside the individual contact.
- Route to voicemail should be selected.
If your Android device doesn’t have the option to route calls to voicemail, you can use the Do Not Disturb function instead. Even though this prevents anyone from calling, you can add exceptions.
Open Settings on your phone, and tap Notifications if you only want to hear from a few people. Toggle on Do Not Disturb from here. Select Allow Exceptions and add the contacts you’d like to receive calls from.
Currently, you cannot send individual calls to voicemail on an iPhone without using a non-native app.
Instead of answering marketing calls, you can block them. You won’t be able to stop that first call, but you will be able to stop subsequent ones.
- Navigate to Recents in the phone app
- Locate the call from the telemarketer.
- On the right, select the information icon, then scroll down and select Block this Caller.
- In the future, calls from that number will be blocked.
You will still receive calls on your phone, but you won’t be notified of them. There is no network block here, just a handset block. It is possible to block persistent telemarketers through your network provider, but you must contact them first. Go to Voicemail, then scroll to the bottom and tap “Blocked Messages” to view voicemails from blocked calls.
Following the methods provided above, you can easily send messages directly to someone’s voicemail and redirect incoming calls to your voicemail.
Are there any other ways to send a call directly to voicemail? How can you send a call to voicemail selectively on an iPhone? If you do, let us know!