Snapchat became the leading social media app because it is a fun and easy way to keep in touch with friends. You can share photos and videos that disappear after a few seconds.
However, it is frustrating not to get notifications from the app. One has to keep checking the app for new messages or snaps. Many users have shown their concern about this issue, and it might cause them to lose interest in the app for many users.
But there are a few ways to fix this glitch. This post will guide you to the possible reasons for the malfunction of your Snapchat notifications and their solutions.
Why Snapchat Notifications Are Not Working
Notifications are essential for any app, especially for a networking app. Users tend to get notified of any latest activity on their platform, be it a direct message, snap, or call. Whereas for a few users, notifications could be irritating. Especially when working on a Mac. The constant notification pop-ups are not the most favored feature of an otherwise famous OS. Users even look for how to silence notifications on Mac.
But if your Snapchat is not notifying you, there might be a few reasons. To list down a few:
- Snapchat notifications disabled from the app
- Turned off notifications from your device settings
- Internet connectivity problem
- Older version of the app
- The device on Do Not Disturb mode
- Corrupt app data
Ways to Fix Snapchat Notifications
1. Check the Notification Setting within the App
If you cannot get notifications from Snapchat, the notification feature within the Snapchat app may be disabled. Check the notification status; if it’s disabled, you need to turn it On.
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Click on the profile.
- Go to Settings and look for the notification tab.
- Click on the tab and enable the notifications.
- Switch on all the things you want to get notifications about.
2. Phone Notification Setting
Ensure that Snapchat notifications are enabled on your phone and not disabled before hoping they went away by accident or forgetting about it altogether.
- Open the setting app and go into the applications list
- Look for Snapchat and tap on the notifications
- Slide the notification bar to ‘ON.’
3. Do Not Disturb or Focus Mode
DND mode or focus mode on your iOS and Android devices blocks the notifications from almost all the apps. So your phone may be in DND mode, so you cannot receive Snapchat notifications.
To check your DND mode:
- Slide down the notification panel on your android phone.
- You will see a Do Not Disturb tile.
- If it is selected, tap on the tile to disable the feature.
- If you have an iPhone. Go to the control panel.
- There is a tile for Focus mode.
- If the focus mode tile states ‘do not disturb,’ tap on the tile.
- You will get to see other focus mode options. Select any other mode to get your notifications enabled.
4. Allow App to Run in the Background
If your Snapchat app is not allowed to run in the background, it cannot use data and cannot send any information. For apps like these, it is better to allow background app data usage so they can send notifications as they witness any activity.
- To allow background app data usage, follow these simple steps:
- Open your device’s settings and look for general.
- Scroll down to ‘Background App Refresh.
- From the app list, find Snapchat and ensure that the slider is green. If not, slide the bar to enable the feature.
5. Clear App’s cache Data
Your Snapchat Cache data can be corrupt, resulting in the Snapchat app malfunctioning or interfering with sending notifications. You need to clear out your app’s cache data.
- Open your Snapchat app and go to the account icon.
- From there, you will find settings.
- Within the settings list, you will see ‘Account Action.’
- From account action, select the clear cache option to clear out all unnecessary data.
6. Update Snapchat App
If an update is available at the play store or apple store, then this might be the reason for not getting notifications of your Snapchat. Sometimes when you use the older version of any app when the new update is available, the app might act up. Try updating your app and see if your issue is resolved.
7. Reinstall Snapchat App
Uninstall and reinstall your Snapchat app. The app will be set up again on your device, which might remove any glitches that you were experiencing before.
8. Stable Internet Connection
The most neglected reason that could be behind not getting Snapchat notifications is that your internet connection needs to be fixed or your device needs to get the desired speed.
These are the methods you can try to fix your Snapchat notification not working issue. Try one by one and see which one works for you. Also, make sure to go through all your phone settings, so you can rule out any other reason for not getting notifications.