How can I read text messages from another phone on my Verizon account? The modern world demands constant and instant communication. Every day, so much information is exchanged through messages that several key pieces of information are passed along. Several people have made it a habit of messaging everywhere and on any kind of occasion, whether it is for personal reasons or business reasons.
Verizon has become a popular messaging application right now. It is the users who need to know how to read text messages from another phone on their Verizon account. Let us find out about it in this article.
Table of Contents
How can I read text messages from another phone on my Verizon account?
The primary answer is that users should not do this. Text messages can be accessed through any other phone, but there are many security concerns associated with it. So, unless it is essential, this method must not be tried.
Rather you can make use of a secure internet connection for signing into your Verizon account from devices like laptops, PCs, or tablets. Yes, your Verizon account can be accessed by you by making use of stable internet on the phone. Verizon is available on both Android and iOS devices. But you cannot access it directly via the text messaging function.
Check the messages through the website
If you are in immediate need to check your messages, but you are unable to access your phones, you need to follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, you will have to open a safe and secured web browser.
- After that, you need to log into your Verizon account.
- You then need to navigate the home screen and locate the “online text menu”. Then, you will have to open it.
- The terms and conditions will be displayed to you. Let’s look through it.
- Then, accept it.
- On the left side of the screen, you will be able to see your messages.
When you are checking messages through a website, there will be no availability of text signatures.
How to see text messages on the Verizon app?
Also, you can check the text messages through the Verizon app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or app store. To do it correctly, follow these steps:
- You will have to download the Verizon app.
- You will then need to open it.
- Then you will have to tap on the “message details”.
- Next, you will need to select your preferred line.
- A new window will open, and it will display the message details.
For how many days can you read text messages online at Verizon?
Verizon allows its users to read messages only from the past 90 days. Additionally, users can view call logs from 18 months ago.
Verizon sets a limit for removing older messages since they consume server space for storing newer messages. If you consider the volume of messages handled by Verizon daily, 90 days of storage will look remarkable.
Aside from all of these, messages often contain personal information as well as confidential information. Verizon deletes these messages.
Verizon’s official website allows you to check your messages for up to 90 days. To do this correctly, follow the steps below:
- You need to log into your “My Verizon Account” as a manager or account owner.
- In your account, locate the “My Usage” section.
- After that, you will have to click on “View Previous Cycles”.
- Go to the “My Bill” section and then tap on the previous billing cycle of the messages you wish to review.
- Then, you need to look under the “Get the details” section.
- Then, you need to choose between “Data”, “Talk”, and “Text” activities.
Sending messages through the Verizon online tool
You can view text messages sent and received by Verizon. You can make use of Verizon’s online tool to read and send messages without your phone. It is easy to set up. Let us see how to do it:
- Log into your Verizon account.
- Afterward, you will get to see the “My Verizon” screen. From there, navigate to “Welcome”.
- Next, choose “Text Online”.
- If terms and conditions are present, go through them carefully before accepting them.
- Then, you will need to click on the “Compose New Message” icon.
- After that, you will get to see the “Type a contact or phone number” field. Over there, input the mobile number to which you want to send the message.
- Then, you need to write down your message in the “Type a message or drop an attachment” area.
- You can add music, emojis, pictures, or you can also drop your location with the icons present near the message field.
- Hit “Send” after composing the message successfully.
My Verizon allows Account Owners and Account Managers to view message usage details for each line on their account. Message usage details include the mobile number, date, and time of each message sent and received. It is not possible to view the actual content of texts sent or received on other lines of your account.
Record calls and cell towers used for one year; text message details for one year, actual text message content for three to five days; Internet session information for one year, and Web sites visited for 90 days.
Start the recovery by opening the Verizon messages app. Choose the “Settings” option from the menu in the top left corner of the Verizon app. Locate and select the “Account” option, followed by the “Restore Messages” option.
If you are unable to access your phone but you are in need of checking your messages in case of emergency, Verizon allows you to do it right from your desktop. Also, you can give them a reply. Moreover, the Verizon app is feature-packed for every need of the users. Also, it lets you send messages with your email id by making use of the @vtext.com address.