Users can customize their Twitter feed and filter out the content they don’t want to see. Blocking someone is one of the options. You’re in the right place if you’re wondering whether you’ve been blocked on Twitter.
The purpose of this article is to explain how to check who blocked you on Twitter. Furthermore, we’ll offer tips and tricks for blocking someone without them knowing or avoiding seeing specific words.
How to Check Who Blocked You on Twitter
You won’t receive a notification when someone blocks you.
When you’re blocked, here’s what happens:
- The tweets of the person are not visible to you.
- There are no notifications regarding their account that you receive.
- That person does not comment or reply in a conversation.
- Technically, you can send them a message, but they won’t receive it.
You can’t find out who blocked you on Twitter or when if you suspect you’ve been blocked. That doesn’t mean you can’t find out who blocked you, though.
You can manually check who blocked you on Twitter. The process might take some time, but if you have a particular user in mind, you can finish it in a few seconds.
To determine whether someone has blocked you on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Launch the Twitter mobile app or visit the Twitter website.
- Find the person you are looking for.
- You are not blocked if you see their profile. You’re blocked if you see this message. When you cannot follow or see [the user’s name] Tweets, it means they’ve blocked you.
It may seem unfortunate to not receive a notification about being blocked, but Twitter has a good reason for doing so. The whole purpose of blocking someone is to avoid unnecessary or unwanted interactions. Since Twitter respects its users’ privacy, it does not reveal information about people who block you. When you block someone, the same applies.
Use Third-Party Services to Check Who Blocked You on Twitter
When you want to know how many people have blocked your account, third-party services such as Blolook can be helpful. However, the app does not reveal the names of the users.
Using it is as follows:
- Visit Blolook and log into your Twitter account from your browser.
- After that, check the number of people who have blocked you.
You can find more answers to your Twitter questions here.
Can I Block Someone on Twitter Without Them Being Able to Tell?
When you block someone on Twitter, they won’t receive a notification. However, they can search your profile and see that they have been blocked.
By muting someone, you can hide their tweets and comments from your feed. By doing so, you won’t block them, but you won’t see their posts on your timeline. Muted accounts won’t know you muted them.
The act of muting an account does not imply that it has been unfollowed. You will continue to see the person on your followers’ list, but you will not see any updates from them. They can still message you, mention you, or reply to you, and you will still receive notifications.
It is also possible to mute an account that you do not follow. Then you won’t receive notifications about replies and mentions from that person.
It is possible to mute someone from a tweet or a profile. To mute a tweet, follow these steps:
- You can visit Twitter’s website or download its mobile app.
- You can find the tweet in question by pressing the three dots next to it in your feed.
- After that, press Mute.
Follow these steps to mute a profile:
- Visit Twitter’s website or download its mobile app.
- When you find the person you wish to mute, open their profile and click the three dots.
- Select Mute from the menu
It’s possible that the user closed their account if you followed the steps above and the account doesn’t appear in the search.
Twitter allows users to privately message each other, like most social media platforms. All messages will disappear if you block someone, or if they block you. After blocking a user, Twitter does not allow users to hold onto messages.
Twitter Protects Users’ Privacy
Twitter doesn’t allow you to see who blocked you. Because the app cares about each user’s privacy, you won’t receive notifications when you’re blocked. If you suspect a particular user has blocked you, you can check their profile. To see how many people blocked you, you can also use third-party services.
The purpose of this article was to teach you how to check who blocked you on Twitter. Moreover, we hope you gained insight into how to mute specific words and stop seeing someone’s posts without them knowing.
If you don’t want to see someone’s tweets, what do you do? How do you use one of the methods we mentioned above? Comment below and let us know what you think.