Have you ever tried watching a movie when the traffic outside is too loud or someone is making noise in the kitchen? It happens, of course. Subtitles come in handy at that point.
The good news is that Peacock TV includes subtitles and closed captions across all platforms. The process of managing subtitles on Peacock TV is straightforward, and we’ll guide you through it.
The term “closed captioning” is often used interchangeably with subtitles on web pages, despite the fact that they are different. Closed captioning is used to describe all audio, while subtitles are for speaking voices. Here’s how to enable subtitles in Peacock TV.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on Peacock TV using a PC
User-friendliness is one of the leading comparison points for streaming platforms. Subscribers to Peacock TV have access to an intuitive and minimalist interface.
This makes it easy for you to find the subtitles button. Watching a movie on Peacock TV on a computer browser works as follows:
- Sign in to your Peacock TV account via your computer’s browser.
- Start streaming by selecting a title.
- Anywhere on the screen can be selected by moving the cursor. The video playback options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the “comment” (subtitles) icon at the bottom of the browser window. When you hover over it, it will turn yellow.
- There will be a pop-up menu showing Audio and Subtitles. There is an option to select “English” or “Off.” Some titles also offer “Spanish” language options.
It takes a maximum of 30 seconds for changes to take effect. Check again if the subtitles don’t load after refreshing the browser.
If you pause the video, you can still turn on or off subtitles. Changes remain in effect.
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the iPhone Peacock App
Streaming platforms such as Peacock TV are highly portable. If you download the iOS Peacock app from the App Store, you can watch all the great content anywhere.
The dialog might be difficult to follow unless you wear headphones. Conversely, subtitles on screens can sometimes be a nuisance. Follow these steps to enable or disable subtitles in the Peacock TV iPhone app:
- Start watching the content you want by launching the “iPhone Peacock TV app”.
- Pull up the playback options from the bottom of the screen with your fingertip.
- Turn on or off subtitles by tapping the “text bubble” (subtitles) button.
It should take less than 30 seconds for the changes to take effect.
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Android Peacock TV App
Users of Android devices can also enjoy Peacock TV’s high-quality content. Sign in to your account after downloading the Android Peacock TV app from Google Play. The process of enabling or removing subtitles is pretty straightforward:
- Launch the “Android Peacock TV app” and select the content you want to watch.
- With your finger, you can access the playback options.
- Turn subtitles on or off by tapping the “text bubble” button.
- How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Firestick Peacock TV App
A lot of people use the Amazon Firestick to access all their streaming services in one place. Sign in to your Amazon account and download Peacock TV from the Amazon App Store.
From there, you can choose and stream popular titles. If you want to turn on or remove subtitles on the Peacock TV app, use the Firestick remote. The process is as follows:
- Click the “Menu” button on the remote when the video starts playing on Peacock TV.
- Navigate with the remote to “Subtitles” when the video playback options appear.
- Click “On” or “Off” to enable subtitles.
As soon as you turn on the subtitles, they should appear.
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Roku Peacock TV App
Roku devices and TVs work the same as any other operating system or device for watching Peacock TV.
Subtitles can be accessed with a Roku device using your remote. How to do it:
- Play some content on Peacock TV.
- The Roku remote must be pressed.
- Subtitles can be turned on or off by selecting “On” or “Off”.
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Apple TV Peacock App
As with Roku, you’ll need to use the remote to manage subtitles when watching Peacock TV on Apple TV. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Your Apple TV remote should have a “Select” button.
- You will see a variety of options on your screen. The “audio language” and “subtitles” can be changed.
- Turn subtitles “On” or “Off” with your remote by selecting the “Subtitles” button.
How to Turn Subtitles On or Off in the Peacock TV App on a Smart TV
Some smart TVs have a specific OS, such as Roku, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV. Others have a proprietary OS, such as LG’s webOS® and Samsung’s Tizen®. While exclusive OS devices eventually stop updating their precompiled apps and render them unusable, Android TV, Roku OS, or Fire TV OS devices continue to run and update based on the OS app store. Samsung and LG also make TVs that use Android or other operating systems, but that’s not the point. Peacock TV operates the same way regardless of the operating system. It may, however, be controlled differently depending on the remote or device.
Regardless of whether you have a LG, Panasonic, or Samsung smart TV, the app’s interface looks the same. Accessing subtitles on Peacock TV is only different depending on where the “Select” or “Menu” button is located.
On Peacock TV, the LG smart TV remote also has the “OK” button in the middle for navigating to the subtitles section.
Peacock TV Subtitles FAQs
If we didn’t cover everything you wanted to know about Peacock subtitles above, read on.
Subtitles are used to display the spoken language in movies, TV shows, commentaries, and more, such as voices on TV shows, people talking in movies, aliens speaking, commentary, advertisements, and similar vocal videos. Unlike voice-to-word translation, closed captioning provides more than just translation for the hearing impaired.
CC provides textual details for background sounds (“heavy raindrops,” “clattering sound from afar,” etc.), people sounds (“Over here Dave,” “Jump,” etc.), and animal sounds (“loud whimper,” “gentle squeak,” etc.). You can also see when music is playing (“note symbols,” “soft music playing,” etc.) and when someone makes a particular noise (“guy eating-“GRRRR,” “walker behind-Laa, CC explains most visually connected sounds rather than just speaking ones.
Let’s say you still can’t use subtitles on Peacock TV after following the steps above. You may need to make sure the audio/hearing captions option is enabled in your device’s accessibility settings (iOS, Android, & Xbox).
You can use this link to contact the Peacock customer service team if your device’s settings allow subtitles but they aren’t working. Customer service is available from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
As a final note, subtitles are essential when watching a French or South Korean movie or when you’re in a noisy environment. Even with English-speaking TV shows and movies, you may need written dialog to follow what’s happening. Subtitles can also be a lifesaver if you watch something late at night and don’t want to wake anyone up.
I found the Peacock TV streaming service easy to use and manage when it came to the subtitle feature. There is always an option for subtitles, regardless of the device you are using. Every time, the process is the same. In both cases, the subtitle settings are controlled by buttons on a remote control or hotkeys on a PC.